SUMMER JOB POSTING: AUDIO & VIDEO TECH / WORSHIP ASSISTANT
We are a group of ordinary people who are committed to getting to know an extraordinary God. We are a family, from the surrounding neighbourhoods of Fort Langley, Walnut Grove, Willoughby and beyond, who strive to have a positive impact in the communities in which we live. We are currently looking for a young adult to help fulfill our need for a temporary summertime position. Due to Covid-19 we have been going through the transition of having to work almost completely online – filming messages and worship etc. This position will mostly center around this ongoing need and area, as well as duties pertaining to social media platforms and some light office work.
Position: Audio & Video Tech / Worship Assistant
Job Description & Duties:
- Work alongside Pastoral Team and Worship Coordinator to plan Christ-exalting, biblical, creative, participatory and meaningful Sunday worship services. (Online right now)
- Participating as a member of the staff with the planning and execution of the ongoing activities of our church including spiritual growth, empowerment for Christian mission and the seeking good for others’ practical, emotional and spiritual needs.
- Assistance with staging, set up and audio/video recording of worship services
- Assistance with audiovisual media: editing and formatting
- Assistance with social media/website management and content
- Organizational help: Music databases, equipment inventory, contact info directory
- Possible: occasional administrative support including reception coverage, possible graphic design, social media, and website management.
- Possible: involvement as part of the worship leading team rotation. (If skillset and passion is there for this.)
- Attend weekly staff meetings and supervisory & mentor meetings & check-ins.
Requirements & Skills:
A. Committed and mature Christian with ability to commit to FLEFC/EFCC’s Culture, Mission, and Statement of Faith
B. A heart to serve God, and to serve people from all backgrounds
C. Applicant must have a confident knowledge of computers and technical equipment.
D. Prior experience with sound & camera equipment is preferred but not mandatory.
E. Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
F. Excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented
G. Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
H. Personable and friendly, with a positive and flexible attitude
I. Decisive and able to work independently.
Wage: $18-$20/hour (Depending on experience)
Hours: 25 hours a week (Part-time)
Start Date: April 26th, 2021 (16 – 23 weeks – depending on pending grant aproval)
End Date: Minimally August 13th or as late as October 1st
Location: Fort Langley Evangelical Free Church (on-site)
To be eligible (meet grant requirements), applicants must be:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and, have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations. International students are not eligible participants.
Notice to Applicant: Please note this job position is available based on the availability & confirmation of us receiving a government grant. Therefore, details such as the number of weeks of employment may be subject to change.
Please email your cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Or drop off in person to:
Fort Langley Evangelical Free Church
Box 621, 8870 Glover Road
Fort Langley, BC
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: APRIL 12, 2021
Only applicants selected for an interview will be notified.