Passage: Matthew 6:1-4
Series: Sermon on the Mount: The Way of Jesus
A special opportunity is being extended to us this Sunday, as we hear about the work of Kuwasha and receive the invitation to partner with that work.
TODAY IS KUWASHA SPOLTLIGHT SUNDAY
Click Here To Learn More About Kuwasha
- Learn more about their mission and calling. Find out more about the Kibaale Community in Uganda
- Hove over the Child Sponsorship tab to learn more about how to sponsor a child and their family
This week's message:
The Way of Jesus is a rewarding calling. Jesus makes that clear. He wants us to know that. He wants us to expect that.
And when Jesus tells us to help the needy, he tells us to think of it in terms of both giving and receiving.
Giving and receiving is gospel language. It reminds us of what God has done, hold outs promise of what God wants to do, and invites us to join in with what God is doing.
Jesus extends this promise of reward to ignite something in us. May we respond accordingly!
Click here to tithe/give online
Church at Home
Jan 23rd, 2022
BIG IDEA When we get to know Jesus, He helps us see who we really are.
GOD STORY Peter Says Jesus Is the Messiah (Matthew 16:13–20)
This series follows Jesus in his life on earth through the eyes of Peter. We see how God partners with who we are for his purposes.
1) Who did Peter say Jesus is? (The Messiah, the Son of the living God)
2) Who told Peter this about Jesus?
3) What did Jesus say about who Peter is?
4) If someone asked you who you think Jesus is, what would you tell them?
KEY VERSE: [Jesus] said, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must say no to themselves. They must pick up their cross and follow me.” (Matthew 16:24b, NIRV)
PRAY: “Lord, we pray that we will get to know and follow you and that we will see who we really are through Jesus! Amen.”
1) The Messiah. The Son of the Living God
3) Peter’s name means “rock”; Jesus will build his church on him; all authority will be given to Peter.